Matisse Enzer wrote:
Using Apache/2.0.45 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0
on a Redhat 87.0 system

I get the following error:

  Can't locate object method "lookup" via package "Apache::Directive" at
  /webcontent/dev.mycardmaker.com/lib/perl/Doodlelab/Apache/Test.pm line 4.

when I try to start Apache.

Here is the entire contents of Test.pm

BEGIN {
        use Apache::Directive;
        my $tree = Apache::Directive->conftree();
        foreach my $node ( $tree->lookup('PerlSetVar') ) {
                # I want to do something here.
        }
}

1;

Matisse, your bug report is incomplete, you have missed the report about your environment as explained at the guidelines (http://perl.apache.org/bugs/). In the future please include it, it's probably unimportant for this case.

To address this issue upgrade to 1.99_09 or may be you even need the current cvs, I don't remember when Philippe has fixed that, check the Changes file.
t/response/TestApache/conftree.pm does the testing of this feature and works just fine in the current cvs.