Pringle, Chris (HP-PSG) wrote:
Hi,

I've just tried that script again (see link below) using a POST request.
In the error log file, there is the content of the POST Request e.g.
user=cpringle&password=xxxxx but nothing else. There is no HTTP headers.
My Apache directive to enable the filter is

PerlInputFilterHandler iPAQApache::ResetBrowser

Is this the correct directive?

The directive is correct, but you don't show your code and your config, so I have no idea if the rest is correct or not. This directive is used to configure both, connection and request level filters. It's the attribute of the handler subroutine is what makes the difference and the placement in httpd.conf.

You need to declare it as:

package iPAQApache::ResetBrowser;
use base qw(Apache::Filter);
sub handler : FilterConnectionHandler { your code is here }
1;

and you need to put it outside of <Location> or similar block in httpd.conf just like shown at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#Connection_Input_Filters

Also make sure that you run at least mod_perl 1.99_09, or even better the current cvs. And in the future please follow the info at http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ so we know more about your setup.