On Fri, Jan 29, 1999, Jeff Beard wrote:

> I trying to set up an IP based vhost to use SSL for some order forms but
> not for the rest of the site. When I turn SSL on, the site only answers
> to SSL requests and serves up the server default Apache doc for
> everything else on that domain. If I turn SSL off, it answers on port 80
> just fine.
>
> Below is my config stuff from httpd.conf. If there is any other info I can
> provide, please let me know.

First, this is mod_ssl 2.0.x which is no longer officially supported as you
should know.  The current version is 2.2 and official support is only given
for 2.1 and 2.2.  So, I encourage you to upgrade to 2.2.0.

Now to the problem. Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "the site
only answers to SSL requests and serves up the server default Apache doc for
everything else on that domain". What data it serves has nothing to do with
the protocol itself. So, either you've two problems or I don't undertand the
problem correctly. Do you mean when you turn on SSL for the vhost on port 443
then the non-SSL main server on port 80 stops working? Please describe more
carefully: 1. how do you "turn on/off SSL" in your configuration and 2. what
exactly is the problem, i.e. what exactly fails to work under which change?