On Wed, Feb 17, 1999, Taylor Blackwell wrote:

> Scratch that, without brackets, I get this...

Yes, without the brackets please ;-)
They have a semantic of meta chars with the
meaning "optional", of course.

> Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.4
>  + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
> configure:Error: No such rule named 'SSL_SDBM'
> ./configure:Error: APACI failed
>
> Does that get all the data needed?

Hmmm... looks strange. When APACI says it cannot find the SSL_SDBM rule, this
means your apache_1.3.4/src/Configuration.tmpl doesn't contain a "Rule
SSL_SDBM=default" line. Check this, mod_ssl's configure script should have
added this line together with some other SSL_xxx stuff.  I guess you messed up
the apache_1.3.4 source tree with the tests. Please try again with a freshly
extracted apache_1.3.4 source tree.