On Thu, Mar 25, 1999, Magnus Stenman wrote:

>[...]
> It's not only Mac NS, but also Linux Netscape, and yes, they work fine
> with other sites including mod_ssl ones.

Hmmm... my problem is still that I've not found a local situation where I can
repeat this (I can only fix something when I can repeat it myself). I'm
currently installing NS 4.51 for FreeBSD in the hope it has the same problem
as the Linux version (at least my 4.08 hasn't). OTOH we could do the
following: I'll upgrade www.engelschall.com to the latest versions and you all
try to connect. Then we'll see what fails and because I control the server I
hopefully can find out the reason.

BTW, these failures are _not_ related to any POST or other special situations,
right? You just connect to the welcome page via https://sitename/ and it
immediately fails with the log entries you showed, right? Strange...