Hello everyone,

I'm  new to mod_ssl/open_ssl, just have my first Apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl
server running. I'm still reading books about ssl, certificate and trying to
figure out how to do things. I have two questions I cannot find answers so
far, hope someone can point me to the right direction.

1. Is there a way to add my own private extension to X509 certificate using
open_ssl?

2. Can I retrieve my private extension from the certificate on the server
once users get authenticated?

Thanks in advance

James Xie