Check the OpenSSL archives... it is to do with the cypher you have...

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0

Have a read of the modssl FAQ.

|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          listmail           |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          wivel.net>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          10/01/2001 18:31   |
|        |          Please respond to  |
|        |          modssl-users       |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Tim Power/LON/GB/Reuters)                              |
  |       Subject:     Help! A few ssl problems                                |
  |       Header:      Internal Use Only                                       |

     I am running modssl with a 40 bit certificatte, but have been
having a number of small problems with various browsers.

Windows IE  sometimes randomally will display a page cannot be displayed
error, but otherwise works fine.

Macintosh - Netscape There is a 30 second delay when first starting the
https connection

Macintosh - IE will not work at all displays "data decryption error"

All other version of netscape tested (windows/linux) work great.

Apparently not working with AOL either, but I can't test this.

        Anyone have any experience with this, or any thoughts or ideas of
what it could be?

Thanks

Ken