You did type the passphrase twice, did you, despite the fact that Apache
asked for it only once?. It typically hangs (or appears to do so) if you
don't type it twice. It's a bug that has been discussed in this more
than once, and although patches have been suggested, the bug is still
there in the standard Apache/1.3.14 modssl/2.7.2 Win32 distribution.

Regards,
Jan