Hi!

I'm running a ssl server where I have generated my on ca.crt and
server.crt and everything works ok except with Internet Explorer 4.5 and
5.0 on Mac. There I get an error message which claims that the issuing CA
is unknown and hence it can't use SSL. When I look in the security part of
IE's preferences it doesn't seem like I can add a Root CA like an all
other browsers I have tested (Netscape - Win, Mac, UNIX, IE - Win)!? Am I
missing something here or is this functionally really missing from IE
Mac? I have tried searching the mail archive for earlier questions and I
got a couple of hits which suggested I should add some stuff to httpd.conf
and try to force IE to run SSLv2 and stuff like that but it didn't work
and doesn't feel like the problem. It must be able to negotiate protocol
and such in order to determine that it doesn't like the CA if I understand
things correctly..

Anyone who has experienced this before and/or knows the solution or am I
just stuck in a dead end?

/Eskil

  Eskil Swahn
  LDC, Lund University
  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Web: http://www.ldc.lu.se/
  Phone: +46 46 222 4986          Fax: +46 46 138225