Jon Lawrence wrote:
> What has happened is that someone has telneted into your web server and
> issued a get command. AFAIK no great mischief can be done by this. I believe
> that I'm correct in saying that this is a feature of apache.

It is a feature of *all* HTTP servers. They are all open to ascii
"telnet-like" communication on port 80 because that's how HTTP works.

If you snoop on packets between your browser and any server, you will
see exactly those types of messages passing back and forwards.

It looks more like someone testing his proxy configuration.. as
discussed.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.