Hi all.

I have been tuning my web farm (for the past 6 months now), and have had the
typical MSIE SSL issues along the way. I stumbled across a post today
regarding the SSLSessionCache (my config is below), and my question is which
session cache will give the best performance for my system?

I need to support every browser possible, and my servers each recieve about
300K page views a day. I'm running Apache 1.3.17, mod_ssl 2.8.0, openssl
0.9.6 on Linux.

I saw a reference for SSL_EXPERIMENTAL as a compile option, can anyone
explain that to me?

Also, could anyone give me tuning advice for the size of the ssl_cache?

Thanks in advance,

Max

#SSLSessionCache        none
#SSLSessionCache        shm:/u1/httpd/logs/ssl_scache(512000)
SSLSessionCache         dbm:/u1/httpd/logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300