On Thu, 31 May 2001, DAve Goodrich wrote:

> on 5/31/01 2:08 PM, David Rees at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yet the security focus site has numerous vulnerabilities listed, some
quite recent for php up to and including 4.0.4, and some dating back at
least to the end of last year for 4.0.0 and earlier versions in particular.

I can understand and agree with not jumping on a "bleeding edge release",
at least not for the first day or two of release in some situations and
for certain release related updates, but, looking at the documentation for
-=why=-, the rational of the updated release certainly is a good point to
follow with a focus upon issues relating to security.  Especially on those
systems exposed to the internet in general.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!