Hi there,

I can recommend trying "swamp" for testing your servers, but that is (of
course) a take-it-or-leave-it tip, no strings attached.

   http://www.geoffthorpe.net/crypto/swamp/

However, the README/FAQ files in that contain quite a bit of information on
this subject that will help you if you read them. But let me throw you the
relevant words, and allow you to work through them (and the information
files) at your leisure;

(a) cipher suites (esp. "EDH")
(b) session caching (what resume behaviour are you getting on iplanet
versus modssl?)
(c) configuration (default config with modssl is not heavily optimised, eg.
SSLLogLevel, "mime magic", "CompatEnvVars", etc may slow things down).

Cheers,
Geoff