On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Jeff Landers wrote:

> Even with just a ./configure I have many parse and symbol errors in the
> config.log when I conifgure apache2039 although it exits with a zero. Is
> that OK or do I need to work with someone to resolve these errors.

That's totally normal.  These "errors" are how autoconf determines which
features your compiler, linker, and system headers/libraries support.  If
it compiles and links, that's a "yes, the feature is available."  If it
fails to compile and link that's just a "no, the feature is not
available."  But a particular feature not being available is not usually
fatal.  The messages configure prints on stdout would tell you if it was a
fatal condition.

In other words: ignore config.log unless you encounter a fatal condition
and need to find out exactly what happened.

--Cliff