On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Alex Moon wrote:

> Could the mirror sites not host ssl enabled version as they are not
> in the US as they are in the Uk, Austrailia etc?

The way our mirroring system works, the mirrors do an rsync of
www.apache.org/dist.  So they can't have files on their sites that aren't
on the main sites (or at least not for long), since rsync would delete
those files.

Additionally, it requires somebody outside the US do actually do the
compiling and uploading -- and all our Win32 guys (who are committers and
thus allowed to create official binaries) are in the US.  :-/

--Cliff