On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I've just upgraded OpenSSL 0.9.6d to 0.9.6g on FreeBSD, but Apache
> > says that it's running OpenSSL 0.9.6a!  Where is this version number
> > and how to change it?
>
> to get it right, you should recomplie apache and php to show the correct
> version numbers.  i've had the same problem and that's how i fixed it.

Just to be absolutely clear, this is not just a matter of "showing the
correct version number".  If it shows the wrong version number, that's
because that wrong version is the one actually being used by Apache!!
It's probably a matter of the old version having been statically linked
into Apache, so even after you upgrade OpenSSL, Apache still needs to be
relinked with it.

--Cliff