On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Ken Kittlitz wrote:

> #define ap_http_method(r)   (((r)->ctx != NULL && ap_ctx_get((r)->ctx,
> "ap::http::method") != NULL) ? ((char *)ap_ctx_get((r)->ctx,
> "ap::http::method")) : "http")
>
> always returns the defalt "http".  ap_default_port suffers a similar
> problem. The Apache I'm running is a 1.3 version obtained from an
> 'apache-ssl' Debian package.  It handles HTTPS request just fine, but you'd
> never guess that from calling ap_http_method :-/
>
> The binary's compile settings are below.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks!
>
> /usr/sbin/apache-ssl -V
> Server version: Apache/1.3.27 Ben-SSL/1.48 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux
> Server built:   Jun 26 2003 16:53:19
> Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:13
> Server compiled with....
>   -D EAPI
>   -D HAVE_MMAP

Why in the world would Debian ship an Apache-SSL package with EAPI
support???  Maybe it's for backward binary compatibility with an older
Debian distro that used mod_ssl?  Anyway, certainly the reason this is not
working right is that Apache-SSL (aka Ben-SSL) (as opposed to mod_ssl,
which is the one supported by this mailing list) does not use EAPI at all,
so it would not be calling the appropriate EAPI hooks at the right time to
get those ctx variables set.

Start from scratch with a stock Apache build (and get 1.3.28 while you're
at it), and install mod_ssl from www.modssl.org.  Then your EAPI will work
right.

--Cliff