For some years, we have been in my company running a secure non-http file transfer
system. Nowadays, with more and more system administrators allowing secure incoming
connections only trough  443 port , that system doesn´t work, because it does not
speak HTTP and 443 port is usually already used by web servers, so we cant use it for
our systems.
So there is no solution, if system admin does not open another port, except to use 443
port.

Now we have made a mod_ssl patch to allow non-HTTP secure incoming connections to be
deciphered and forwarded to a selected server, configured in conf file, while also
serving HTTP in the usual way. I´m not sure if this can be done in any other way with
Apache modules, but it works and its all i need.

The patch is in

http://spipe.sourceforge.net

If you see documentation, you will see there are some other  interesting (I think) use
cases to create secure "pipes" from one web server to another.

Hope it will be of help to someone in the same situation. If not, just consider it a
more or less summer academic experiment.

Thank you