If a user is trying to authenticate himself with an SSL web server, he needs to present a valid personal certificate, I understand. But what if the purpose of the client certificate is not valid? I mean, for one user's certificate, Mozilla SeaMonkey reports: "This certificate has been verified for the following uses: Email Signer Certificate and Email Recipient Certificate". Will an SSL web server accept such a client certificate for authenticating an SSL web connection?

Gunnar Vestergaard