On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 03:19:00PM -0500, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Hi.  I'm tearing my hair out over an SSLRequire directive that doesn't
> seem to be working.  Can anyone help?
>
> The directive is actually quite simple:
>
>    # Require SSL over non-obvious port 81 for SVN access
>    SSLRequire %{SERVER_PORT} == 81

The port which %{SERVER_PORT} expands to is determined by the settings
of UseCanonicalPhysicalPort and UseCanonicalName.  For different
combinations it will depend on either what the client sends in the
request's Host header, what the ServerName directive is set to in the
vhost, or what httpd derives as the "canonical" name for the vhost to be
otherwise.

See docs for more info:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#usecanonicalname
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#usecanonicalphysicalport