At 04:23 PM 7/27/02 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Elizabeth Mattijsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >I usually just call UNIVERSAL::isa($_[0], 'your::class::name') in
> these cases.
> >    return unless UNIVERSAL::isa( $_[0],__PACKAGE__ );
>Don't you still have a 'subclass problem? Consider some parent class
>with children A,B,C & D. If a 'D' gets DESTROYed correctly at first and
>then a subsequent spurious DESTROY passes an object that's morphed
>into a 'C' then you're protection is stuffed.

Indeed.  But I wouldn't know another method, short of creating a shared
hash for remembering which objects got destroyed already, to fix this.

In any case, this is a problem in Perl 5.8.0 that needs to be fixed.  I'm
just suggesting a band-aid in the mean time, which stops the bleeding most
of the time...  ;-)

Liz