On 12/4/2003 3:50 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 11:42:07AM +0100, Steffen Goeldner wrote:

Randy W. Sims wrote:

Maybe DBMS::BTrieve::???

That looks good!

But that's a new namespace. The horse has well and truly bolted on
the db module namespace issue.  They're all over the place.
I think reusing an existing namespace is better than creating yet
another one.

I don't know (or can't remember) how the BTRIEVE::SAVE module got
into the module list, but since it is that's the right place for
new  BTrieve modules.

Tim.

I missed that namespace. In fact, browsing <http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/> I notice that things are /really/ getting out of hand. Maybe we need some CPAN police, volunteers for each of the domains listed at <http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-category/>, that must explicitly authorize new modules in that domain.

Then we can have a Great CPAN Migration effort to herd some of the strays into the proper namespace. If there was just an easy procedure for migrating packages without the compatibility concerns...

Randy.