On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 14:00, Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:

> Therefore, I went in search of a solution to automate the
> stringification. I didn't find anything other than MLDBM for doing
> something like this and it seems like a little much for my purposes. All
> I need ...

As I understand it, the "standard" way to (de)marshall things anymore
is to use Storable.  see DirDB::Storable for an example of a multi-level
tie that punts anything other than scalars and unblessed hashrefs to
Storable for nstorage and retreival.

If you're not going to have more than a thousand records (or you
have reiserfs) DirDB might be the module for you rather than a
single-file database.

--
david nicol
                                        Where the hell did I put my coffee?