On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 20:00, Andy Lester wrote:
> > While writing tests for some of my code, I was faced with the issue
> > of capturing what the code sends to STDOUT and STDERR. As I have not
> > found a module to make it easy, I wrote a trivial code to do it. It
> > is used like this:
>
> I'm not sure what you're actually trying to test.  If you're testing
> test modules, look at Test::Builder::Tester.
>
> xoa

I think he is trying to do what this should do on the command line but
which does not always work:

        ksh$ perl -Mblib t/test.t 2>&1 > somefile

Where the 2>&1 does not succeed in concatentating 2 to 1. (probably
because 2 or 1 is the tty), in which case I am not sure this would work
either.

I think this could possibly be useful... post the code, or a link to the
code.  You might consider combine() and separate() instead of seize and
release?  Not really happy with these names either...

Lincoln