* Sam Vilain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-15 22:44]:
> ...but it doesn't use Zlib!  :)   Compress::Gzip?

* Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-15 22:53]:
> But it doesn't compress. Compress:Gunzip?
> Uncompress::Gzip (Neither really meant as serious suggestions)
>
> Problem is that it's an emulation of bits of Compress::Zlib's
> interface, so I feel that a clue should be in the name. As
> should the bit that it's pure perl, as otherwise it's like
> "huh, why another front end to some C code"?

Then maybe it needs to mention that it's an emulation, but
besides Compress::Zlib::Emulated anything I come up with needs at
least three words, and those are still incomplete.

Maybe Compress::Gunzip::ZlibAPI?

Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."