On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Sam Holden wrote:
I would argue that Wily is just as much a way of life as Emacs and Vi.

No doubt.

However, it certainly isn't anywhere near as popular - chances are you've never heard of it...

I heard of it when I went to see what the heck a module called "Wily" was all about actually. I did this only a few days ago, but before this thread started.

It doesn't warrant a toplevel namespace all to itself - though of course my current code uses one :)

You're hardly the only CPANer guilty of this.

There are two Wily modules in existance at the moment (that I know of), but they do the same thing - one uses XS to link with the wily libs, whereas mine uses pack/unpack to decode the messages itself. But yes, there's much less scope for multiple modules (due to the fact that the intersection of wily users and perl programmers is small...)

How about TextEditor::WilyPP. Is PP recognized as pure perl widely enough? If the XS-based module owner could be convinced to switch to TextEditor::Wily you'd really be starting a trend.

--
</chris>