On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Randy W. Sims wrote:

I made a suggestion regarding this before that I thought provided a fair solution <http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.module-authors/2615>, but no one commented. Basically, upon submission of a new module, a notice would be auto-posted to some list. If no one replies to that posting within some time frame, the module is automatically accepted. If anyone does reply, then it requires moderator approval. The moderator(s) isn't required to do anything other than monitor the discussion and act according to the concesus reached in the discussion. The list members do what is currently done on a voluntary basis on module-authors; that is, they make name suggestions, discuss prior art, etc.

That sounds good to me! Are you volunteering to implement it too? :)

--
</chris>

-- C.A.R. Hoare