Version 0.01 buffers the generated data (including slurped files) and
does not provide a standard CGI execution environment.

I could just brand it.  Web server names are pretty opaque, at
least Apache and Boa are.  When it's done (hopefully today, this is
for a project due yesterday) I could put it on CPAN as

    TipJar::webserver

although that's misleading too -- nobody uses TipJar::fields as far
as I can tell. (And nobody uses tipjar.com because it's down.)

Maybe I should rerelease TipJar::fields as something else, although
David M. Lloyd's enum::fields is arguably better and predates it. Enough
of this digression.

Better to be a team player and release

    HTTP::Server::Singlethreaded

which would invoke the correct class of considerations for those whose
initial referent for "Selecting" is not the Berkeley socket library.

Does Perl have non-blocking file IO yet? I know Uri Guttman requested
non-blocking file IO some time ago.  I've thought about serving larger
static files with

   open my $OutBound, "cat $filename|";

and incorporating these pipes into the multiplexion, but this approach
(1) is not portable to places where cat(1) is not installed and (2)
requires more complex multiplexion than is needed for The Task At Hand
and is therefore deferred according to the best practices of Extreme
Programming.

--
david nicol
          "Someday, everything's going to be different