On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:56:01AM -0500, John Siracusa wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:46:24 +0000, Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Do you generally pass URLs around as a string or broken up into a hash?
>
> If they had different formats for different consumers, I would.  (And even
> today, I use my own URI objects when I know I'll have to do any significant
> amount of manipulation.)
>
> I think this module is definitely useful.  I already store my DSNs in hashes
> and assemble the pieces as necessary depending on the driver.

Lots of people do, it seems, but I'm not getting much background about why.

FWIW, the reason I'm digging here is because I agree there may be
some value in the DBI supporting something along these lines, but
I need a better understanding of the underlying issues. More real-
world examples would help.

It'll always come down to the issue of "why not store complete DSNs?"
and so far that's not been well covered by the feedback I've got.

Tim.