--- Ofer Nave wrote:
> Most importantly... which one do the senior perl guys rely on?
> If Randal Schwartz and Dave Rolsky use a module regularly and can't
> imagine living without it, then that's probably the module I should
> be learning if I want to be a better programming.

I don't know about Randal and Dave, but Mark Fowler lists his
favourites in a delightful format at:

http://www.perladvent.org/

And the "Phalanx 100" at:

http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/

lists the 100 "most popular" CPAN modules.

Then there's gav's CPAN wiki

http://cpan.thegav.com/

which seems fairly quiet. Perl Monks have a module review section:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=Module%20Reviews

which is also fairly quiet (as is Simon's code review ladder).

The bottom line is that module reviews are time-consuming and you
won't find many people with the time to do it. A better idea is to
isolate small pieces of your module code that you're unhappy with
and post multiple small questions to Perl Monks.

Shamless plug: since you are a relative newbie, you might find
this article:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=418891

an interesting read, especially the section "Testability and Test Suite".

/-\

http://au.movies.yahoo.com