Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Should these two classes of modules (those which support applications
> and those which are applications) be mixed together like this?

It could be done this way. There is no real convention for
applications, and the scripts archive is a failure.

The only disadvantage I see is that you get a namespace clash when two
apps share the same name.

Another thing to consider is some additional guidelines (conventions)
and support for apps. For example, "App::FooBar" would correspond with
the application "foobar". But what would the module App::FooBar be?
Should the app be a standalone module (e.g., running "foobar" would be
the same as "perl -MApp::FooBar")?

And how to use the Test::* framework for apps?

I have several apps on CPAN, and I would be glad if we could come up
with some conventions that will also help other developers.

-- Johan