Hi all,

I was doing a bit of work with math and realized I couldn't find a
simple, non-XS math module on the CPAN.  I'm looking for something
which handles very simple functions such as factoring numbers, finding
highest common factors, lowest common multiples, etc.  Are there any
pure Perl modules which handle this?  The functions aren't too hard to
write, but I'm surprised they are not out there, so I assume I missed a
module.

As a corollary, many common math functions require efficiently listing
prime numbers (or determining if a given number is prime).  Again, are
there any pure Perl modules which handle this (relatively) efficiently?
 Also, is there any reasonably simple way of generating those numbers
which is faster than the Sieve of Atkins?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_numbers#Pseudocode_for_programs_to_find_primes,
or http://tinyurl.com/y5cws2).  Wikipedia suggests there isn't, but I'd
rather be cautious.

Cheers,