On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, as a debugging tool, I would rather be able to just load the
> module from a perl option.

yes, absolutely.  Until I saw your usage example I did not get how you
use this handy tool.  Since the localizing is the thing you are trying
to catch, how about including that in the new, improved name?

Furthermore, you're enforcing a stricture, rather than enhancing Carp.
 Here's a briefly considered suggestion:

 perl -Mstrict::sigdie yourprogram.pl

Maybe some day this will be a best practice:

  use strict;
  use strict::sig::die;

calling it strict::sig::die opens up the strict::sig:: space for
future development of pragmata that enforce strictures about other
entries in %SIG, too.

hopefully the amount of wind that leaks in after this opening of the
door to discussion of best practices and $SIG{__DIE__} will not be
unmanageable.