* Bill Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-10-31T16:12:01]
> Instead of including a COPY of the license in every distro, how about
> putting the URL into the META.yml file?  (Or is it URI?  I always get
> that mixed up.)  This seems like the sort of thing that URL or URI or
> whichever it is would be perfect for.

To save what?  A few bytes?  Then the file will move or the server will go
away, or whatever.  What we really need are URNs, which don't exist and never
will.

It's better to put the actual text in there.  I believe it's what nearly
everyone prefers, anyway: packages, the authors of the license.  If the cost is
"1 kilobyte" and that a few people add a little code to generate this file as
needed, it's well worth it.

--
rjbs