From: Ricardo SIGNES
To: module-authors@perl.org
Sent: Nov 10, 2008 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: Distribution version vs. Main package version

* Jonas Brømsø Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-11-10T16:15:20]
> I like to be able to release distributions without necessarily
> touching a code module, if changes are just documentation, tests or
> other files. I only update package versions when code/functionality
> changes, so developers using my module can depend on this version
> number, when examining APIs, bugs etc.

I use perl-reversion (part of Perl-Version) or Dist::Zilla to keep the same
version on every .pm file and the dist.  It's a little annoying that the
version changes on things that are unchanged, but it keeps life simple.

--
rjbs

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect