On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Keith Ivey <ke...@iveys.org> wrote:
> Okay, it seems like Barcode is the best namespace for it.  As Bill says, the
> module is essentially OCR for barcodes, so if there were a good space for
> OCR-related modules it might fit there, but there doesn't seem to be one.
>
> I've thought about Barcode::Reader, but that could give people the idea that
> it's for use with barcode readers, when the whole point is that it allows
> you to use images of barcodes created by a camera or scanner *without*
> having a barcode reader.
>
> Right now, I'm leaning toward Barcode::Finder, or maybe Barcode::Recognizer.
>  Anyone have any better ideas?

How about Barcode::Parser?

There's an article in the latest Linux Journal about a library and
command-line tool for parsing 2D "barcodes" (I use quotes because it's
pixels, not bars).  I don't remember offhand what it's called, but as
I was reading the article I was thinking of you and how someone ought
to write a Perl interface to it if there isn't one already....