For this kind of thing I usually copy the Config.pm generated by Perl or the
CPAN::Config module -- create a MyModule::Config file that defines a hash
%MyModule::Config with all my stuff in it.  The script can then just "use
MyModule::Config" and off you go.

--
Check out my LEGO blog at http://www.brickpile.com/
View my photos at http://flickr.com/photos/billward/