Dana Hudes wrote:
> Rebuilding a few hundred modules will take more than 15 minutes, especially
> if you have to download each one. I suppose you could modify sudoes to make
> it 8 hours.

Once you start cpan with sudo, it will continue to run until you quit.
Any program started with sudo runs as root unitl it finishes regardless
of how long it takes.

What it seems you are doing is starting each separately.  Instead, put
them in a shell script and run it with sudo.

And never put sudo in a shell script; that is a security breach.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.