On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 06:04:03PM -0400, David Golden wrote:

> As always with perl, "it depends".  They are laid out just as a normal
> CPAN repository, so if you have one in your urllist, something
> specified as author/distribution.tar.gz might well resolve.

Not just "might well resolve".  It *will* work.  If you use one of my
cpXXXan mirrors, you're hitting a BackPAN mirror with a custom index.

>                                                              *However*,
> they don't necessarily have up-to-date index files.  Compare
> timestamps on 02packages.details.txt

Indeed.  I don't imagine that that would be hard for Andreas to keep in
sync!

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

"IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the
time in computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible
to build an operating system without adult supervision."
                         -- Russ Holsclaw in a.f.c