>>    I hereby give modu...@perl.org permission to grant co-maintainership
>>    to any of my modules, if the following conditions are met:
>>
>>    (1) I haven't released the module for a year or more
>>    (2) There are outstanding issues on RT which need addressing
>>    (3) Email to my CPAN email address hasn't been answered after a month
>>    (4) The requester wants to make worthwhile changes that will benefit CPAN
>> [...]
>
> I think that this isn't really different from what happens now anyway.

I'm interested to hear what you think would make it different?

In my experience this would be different. There's one module that I've been
working on
adopting for two months now. I don't want to harrass anyone via email, so I'm
gradually
working at it.

Another module I've been working on for about a month, just so I can take
upload a
release which resolves a version confusion on CPAN/MetaCPAN, and update the
documentation to say "don't use this module, consider one of these ones ...".
I finally got a response from the original author, to say I can take it over.
I suspect most people wouldn't bother, but it's part of an experiment for me.

I considered making the timeout two weeks rather than a month, but I think we
have to
allow for the author being on holiday. To be honest, I'd personally go for
something like:

        (2) if there are RT issues which have been outstanding for more than 6
months
        (3) email to me doesn't get a response within 24 hours

But I suspect many people would find that too aggressive.

Neil