From: Chris Marshall <devel.chm...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Subject: Alien modules for PDL
To: pdl-porters <pdl-port...@jach.hawaii.edu>

Here are some threads of discussion on the module-authors
list where I've been working through some ideas for problems
with the Alien modules process:

- Inconsistent implementation
- Poor cross-platform support
- Poor documentation of which platforms work
- Lack of consistent, useful diagnostics
- CPAN Testers results not fully useful

Comments are welcome.  I'm hoping to
draft an updated Alien manifesto and would
like to see some of these ideas migrate
into some sort of support within Alien::Base
framework.

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.module-authors/2013/07/msg10026.html
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.module-authors/2013/08/msg10059.html
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.module-authors/2013/08/msg10037.html