On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:11:09AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> balls it up). And as long as you don't throw away the terminal output,
> push anything or run `git gc`, there's always about 30 days to recover from
> any mess* from the various internal reflogs.

> * Other than git reset --hard

Bother, or git clean -dxf

(Backups have to be good for something

But even CVS has a command to screw up the same way as `git reset --hard`,
so there is tradition to uphold)

I am confident that "fanatical loyalty to the Pope" will not be featuring
in an e-mail in the near future. Although arguments might be :-)
But hopefully they will be resolved using the rules from the Bruces sketch.

Nicholas Clark