Hi Karen and all,

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:00:33 -0700
Karen Etheridge <p...@froods.org> wrote:

> > Proper test_requires support in MB requires MB 0.4200
>
> That shouldn't matter in this case -- dynamic_config is 0, so the prereqs
> should be read out of META.*, and autodie is in build-requires, so the
> installer should be satisfying that requirement.

I see.

> Shlomi: please, for the love of kittens, add a META.json to your
> distributions,

This was done for App-Timestamper for v0.0.6, but will take some time to be
done for all the other Dist-Zilla-based distributions that I have. Perhaps I
should consider creating Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::Author::SHLOMIF but last
time I looked, creating a PluginBundle was quite an ordeal.

> and please only use Module::Build when necessary (which,
> given you're using Dist::Zilla to package your distribution, should be
> almost never).

Since I've preferred to use M::B instead of EU::MM for my distributions before
I switched some of them to Dist-Zilla (some of them predate Dist-Zilla), I've
found it reasonable to use it after the switch to Dist-Zilla as well. I've
also been motivated by this old chromatic quote:

http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/show.cgi?id=chromatic-perl-reliable-state-of-the-art

Recently, I attested to it after a EU::MM update which changed the generated
syntax broke the build of one of the Perl-based and EU::MM-using Mageia
packages.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish