Just got my car back from MOT so I thought that I'd add some info to the data
pool. This is also applicable to this thread as the car is running on a Twin
Choke DFT Weber (non lean burn).

As mine is a '87 car, it doesn't fall into the post '91 category of Lambda
sensors etc.

CO:  Limits     <= 3.5%,                        Actual Value:  0.321%  PASS
HC:  Limits     <= 1200ppm                      Actual Value:  228ppm PASS
Idle Speed
                  PASS
Smoke Level
                  PASS

Comment from the Tester was that 228ppm is a "good" result for a car on carbs.
To be honest the car is not set up to be most efficient at the slightly raised,
load free idle of the Test!

There was no need to play with the idle mixture screw (this seems random -
sometimes it needs it, sometimes not) so it stayed put next to the paint mark
that I use as a reference against Testers how like to "adjust" and bring into
scope - ie it passes but then doesn't run!!

I fuelled up on Shell V Power before taking it in and ran it for about 12
miles. On the way back from the Station I warmed it up and then took it to just
below 6000 revs in 2nd and 3rd, only 4500 in 4th to stay "sort of" legal.
Engine pulled without hesitation throughout the range. I've looked for the
piece of paper that I know I have somewhere, on which all the jettings are
written down, but haven't found it    yet.

I'll likely have it at Donington on Monday if anyone needs a closer look.

David