Comparing the clearance of a plus 8 to that of a Roadster requires the
consideration that a plus 8 sump is steel, and will absorb a grounding
shock much more readily than the cast alloy sump found on roadsters.  The
extra 3/4 inch provded by the Mulberry modified sump is further insurance
against catastrophic grounding, though not a total protection.  My previous
plus 8 took some serious thumps that surely would have destroyed my
roadster sump.

Gary K