 From: Dave Wellings <dave.welli...@btinternet.com>
To: mogtalk2 <mogtalk2@listbox.com>
Sent: Sunday, 2 September 2012, 20:37
Subject: RE: [mogtalk2] Roadster sumps-Claims & Losses

As an aside, in Feb2011 we had a car drive through our garden wall. Long
story so I won't bore you with it. The wall is low, and the next door
neighbour keeps some bricks (not for that reason), so all it cost me was a
bag of sand & cement, and I did the job myself over the following weekend.
I informed the house insurance company, just in case of any repercussions
from the driver - you never know!

Recently, I was doing some hard bargaining with the same company to get my
renewal down, and in passing he mentioned "a claim in feb2011". I reminded
him that it was a notification, but that no claim was made.
On a quoting website I tried an alternative company, which has been very
competitive for my cars, and contents. But this time, one question asked
about claims & losses in the last 3 years. I rang the helpdesk and was told
that a loss without a claim is still counted. When I added that loss, the
premium increased by nearly 50%, admittedly only from £116 to £166.

Dave