From: Tim Harris <t...@lambdapi.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:28:13
To: mogtalk2<mogtalk2@listbox.com>
Subject: Re: [mogtalk2] Audi survey

Over the last few days I've been driving my Mog quite a lot with the hood
up, mainly because I've been carting stuff around that I don't really want
on open display when I leave the car parked, and with the weather being
changeable it's easier to put the hood up and down that wrestle with the
tonneau cover.  On a couple of short trips I've left the hood up even when
it's not been raining, and do you know what? It's not bad at all!

It's undoubtedly true that a Morgan with the top down is a vastly more
pleasant experience, but that doesn't mean that a Mog with the hood up is
an unpleasant experience, far from it.

I know full well from many years Morgan ownership that the 'hood down at
all times' thing is usually meant in a light-hearted way, I participate in
the banter myself, but I'm left a little concerned that some people might
feel they can't or shouldn't take their Morgan out with the hood up. I was
particularly disappointed one autumn evening a few years ago, when I
attended a Noggin. The weather was a bit rubbish, rainy and not what you'd
call warm, so I put the hood up and set off. The Noggin was packed, loads
of people there, but sadly mine was the only Morgan in the car park.
Everyone else had come in other cars.

If people are using their tin tops instead of their Mogs just because the
weather's poor, then that's a sad state of affairs in my eyes.

Drive your Morgan. Enjoy it. Putting the hood up allows you to drive your
Morgan more and enjoy it more, then that IMO can only be a good thing.

Tim