This could be setup fairly easily.  The only problem I see is with getting
all these rules into mon on a potentially dynamic basis to get the
"FreeNote" kind of use you are talking about.  If it were a static
membership, the following rules would do it, assuming the alert, upalert,
and monitor just add failures from nodes, remove them, and look for them
in a flat file.

These will have me and nate looking a hotmail for failures, if either of
us sees one, we trap to the master server, and it alerts hotmail if both
of us are in a fail state.

hostgroup webserversforyahoo a.c.b.d

hostgroup hotmailservers e.f.g.h

watch hotmailservers-from-tom
    service fail
        period wd {Sun-Sat}
            alert add-group-to-file.alert
            upalert remove-group-from-file.alert
            numalerts 1
            alertafter 2

watch hotmailservers-from-nate
    service fail
        period wd {Sun-Sat}
            alert add-group-to-file.alert
            upalert remove-group-from-file.alert
            numalerts 1
            alertafter 2

watch hotmailservers
    service itsdown
        interval 5m
        monitor are-all-in-file.monitor nate tom
        period wd {Sun-Sat}
            alert qpage.alert hotmail
            numalerts 1
            alertafter 2