Hi David,

> I just committed a new version of Mon to CVS with *UNTESTED* support for a
> global exlude_period.  Download the latest from the sourceforge CVS
> repository and put 'exclude_period = wd {Mon} md {8-14} hr {17-23}'
> into your config file, next to the other global settings.  (You'll also
> need the current version of Mon::Client, since there were some protocol
> changes between your version (0.99.2) and the 1.1 series.

That's great news! Thanks for the enhancement :) I'll test it in the
next days, but unfortunately i'm not allowed to use my own compiled code
in production machines. I'll have to wait until Suse updates its rpms.

> You're trying to put the exclude_period definition inside a period.  Put it
> above the first period definition and it should work.  (And in current Mon
> code this would generate a config file syntax error.)

I putted exclude_period above all other period definitions and now i get
a syntax error and mon won't start. What do you mean with "current"? Do
you mean CVS?  Right now I'm using version 0.99.2. Does it mean it is
not possible to use an exclude period with my mon version?

Regards,

Sebastiaan Veldhuisen