[sorry to the moderator who has to deal with my post from an
unregistered account]

Thanks for this program - I've been using it for probably about two
years now.  In the last few months I've been starting to do more than
the basics (dependencies, etc) which has been fun.

I have two questions:

 I am monitoring from a bunch of systems and would love to have a way
to have the ALERT on my mail alerts have something defined before or
after it I can set from the mon.cf file.

So instead of ALERT watchname/server ...

I could have

        CONAME:ALERT watchname/server

Where CONAME would be a company / division name / Whatever

Obviously I could go in and change the alert.mail code on each
monitoring station, but that forks the code.  I could also create a new
alert.mail alert and use that...

Is this something that if its not possible a patch would be accepted
for? Should I just modify the alert for mail?

My second question / comment is that I have written up a how-to for
OpenBSD on getting mon running.  It angled at beginners and to get
mon some exposure - and I would love some feedback.  Its destined for
openbsdsupport.org some time soon.

http://modok.explosivo.com/~wbchmura/misc/openbsd_mon_install.txt

If anyone has suggestions, especially in the area of securing mon as
much as possible I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much, have a great day

--

Bill Chmura
Director of Internet Technology